Hey Conscious Runners! It’s August! And that means it’s time for push ups! I am once again excited to be participating in 2015 Fit Challenge and delivering this awesomeness to you! We will begin with 10 push ups and end the month with 35! Wow! That’s a lot of push ups.
How to participate in the challenge
- Sign up for 2015 Fit Challenge to be eligible for the prize.
- Like the Conscious Runner Facebook page to get challenge updates.
How to perform a proper push up (video):
- Get into plank position, with your hands under but slightly outside of your shoulders.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Pause, then push back to the starting position.
- Keep your core braced the entire time.Note: If your hips sag at any point during the exercise, your form has been broken. When this happens, consider that your last repetition and end the set.
- Pectoralis major
- Triceps brachii
- Serratus anterior
- Abdominal muscles
For an additional challenge, try the following:
- Place your feet on an elevated surface
- Stack your feet on top of each other
- Place your hands closer together
- Place your hands on a stability ball