Welcome to Optimize Your Form! Congratulations on making this investment in your running! As always, I applaud your commitment to becoming a stronger, faster, more injury-resistant runner and feeling good while doing it. If you have ever struggled with one injury after another, felt unbalanced in your body or want to run more efficiently, you are taking the right course! So, how did you arrive at the form you have now? Your unique running style, body type, various tightnesses and weaknesses you have throughout your body as well as the shoes you wear all dictate the way you run. And when they lead to inefficient movement patterns, they can cause breakdown. This course will help you recognize and correct those inefficient movement patterns so that breakdown does not occur.
As you go through the course, some of the exercises may be familiar to you, others may not be. Keep plugging along and you WILL see results.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to assess your form
- Be able to spot any major form deviations and employ strategies to correct them
- Understand the running gait cycle and recognize it in your own running
- Be able to evaluate your posture and employ strategies to correct it
- Learn what proper running form is and have a plan to achieving it
- Be a stronger, faster, more injury resistant runner
In the next lesson, I will cover the running gait.
Until next time, run strong, run long and be happy.