Today, I bring to you runner, physiotherapist and Director of Body Leadership Australia, Paul Trevethan. Paul and I share the same passion of helping runners remain injury free.
One of the things that stuck out to me about Running Injury Free Revolution, besides Paul’s enthusiasm, was the sheer number of strength, and form videos he and his team have created.
Paul is the Director of Body Leadership Australia. He graduated as a physiotherapist from the University of Queensland in 1995 and has been practicing for over 18 years.
Early in his career he embarked on a world-wide search for the very best treatment strategies. Paul believes that those skills should be used to empower people across the globe. He has treated thousands of runners from International Level, regular Marathoners to weekend park runners.
This was one of the most delightful interviews I’ve had the pleasure to be part of and I’m excited to share it with you.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- How Paul got started running
- Running after being diagnosed with a heart condition
- Running with proper technique
- Body awareness and position
- The power of community
- How to run downhill without smashing your quads
- The importance of core strength
- Strength training with proper form
- The optimal foot strike
- The importance of muscle activation before you run
- Will Wragg’s 50 marathons in 50 days
- Three tips to make running easier
In the inspirational segment of the show I share an inspiring quote.
If you like the show, please give it a review in iTunes.