Hey Conscious Runners, today I’m excited to bring you fellow Conscious Runner Jeff Horton. I met Jeff in The Conscious Runner Academy. Interestingly, he joined after listening to a podcast I was interviewed on. Jeff has been an invaluable contributor to The Conscious Runner academy, doling out advice on everything from training, racing, nutrition to injuries. He is not only passionate about running, but passionate about helping other runners.
If you are a masters runner, this is an interview you don’t want to miss. With over 40 years of experience, Jeff knows what it’s like to train through your 40s, 50s and recently he’s embarked on running in his 60s.
I had a great time getting to know Jeff and can’t wait to bring all this goodness to you.
In this episode, we chat about:
- How running has changed across 4 decades
- Going from running 800 meters in high school to running a marathon
- Why he thinks everyone should run at least one marathon
- What constitutes a “real” runner
- Running as a masters athlete
- Training advice for new and masters athletes
- What training at age 60 is like
Links from the Show
- Remember the Titans (Movie)
- The Conscious Runner Academy
- Jack Daniels (Running Coach)
- FREE 16 Week Half Marathon Plan and Other Goodies
[Tweet “”Your body composition, shape and weight are not determinants of success. Whether your successful or not depends on what your definition of success is.” – Jeff Horton”]
Your Next Steps
- Join The Conscious Runner Academy for the best running product reviews around.
- Download your 16 Week Half Marathon plan.
- Give the show a review iTunes
Until next time, run strong, run long and be happy.