Hey Conscious Runners! Today, I’ve got another fantastic interview for you. I’ve got Jae Gruenke from The Balanced Runner on with me. And to say our chat was eye opening would be an understatement. Several times I found myself getting lost in Jae’s words and almost forgetting to ask the next question. Jae believes you can run in a way that’s comfortable, healthy, enjoyable and faster if you’re given the opportunity to learn the right things about running form. Not only will your running improve, but we will also experience less stress, tension, and stiffness in your daily life.
As a Feldenkrais practitioner Jae looks at your running form, identify the ways you’re moving your whole body that create stress in the place you have pain or injury, and then helps you feel what to do differently so your running form changes, even when you’re not thinking about it. As a result the pain goes away, injuries heal, and running feels like you’ve always wished it would.
Jae has helped hundreds of runners and taught workshops to the Nike Central Park Track Club, the New York Road Runners Foundation Team for Kids, the New York Flyers, the Bridle Path Track Club, Columbia University, Williams College, and more.
Currently based in Edinburgh, Scotland, I offer one-to-one consultations via Skype and in person. She also has workshops, audio and video courses, online training camps, and training for professionals who work with runners
Remember that perfect run you once had, when everything felt smooth and free and like you could run forever? You can feel that way again.
What we talk about
- Better, easier and more fluid running movement through the Feledenkrais method
- Addressing the root cause of pain
- The importance of varying your training surface for injury prevention
- Key running form guidelines and strategies to keep you feeling good
- The importance of ensuring your cross training supports your biomechanical needs as a runner
- How we unconsciously hold tension that restricts movement
Links from the show
- The Balanced runner (Jae’s Site)
- Blog Updates
- Running Camps
- Form Analysis and Skype Consultation
- Feldenkrais Audio Recordings
- Free audio lesson to get your core in action
- The Feldenkrais Institute
[Tweet “”Running finally felt the way I always believed it should feel” – Jae Gruenke”]
Your Next Steps
- Give the show a review iTunes
- Join The Conscious Runner Academy for inspiration, motivation and good running conversation.
Until next time, run strong, run long and be happy.