Hey Conscious Runners! Today, I’ve got an amazing interview for you! It is with Jason Stephenson, one of the amazing artists on Running Deep. The album of guided meditations for runners that I’ve been raving about for the past two months. Jason is also the founder of Relax Me Online and Meditation Masters TV- sites that explore the mind, body and soul connection.
The importance of meditation came to Jason in his early 20’s, during a troubled time in his life. He used meditation to gain a deeper understanding that he was more than his physical body. One experience in particular stuck out. While meditating in a local National Park , totally at one with nature, Jason experienced something magical. For a few moments, he had everything he had ever wanted, could want right here right now. It was an intense experience that left him wanting more.
Having an interest in Buddhism, Jason attended a 10 day Monastic retreat at Nan Tien Temple in NSW, Australia. It was from this point that Jason knew he had to continue on this path of seeking a deeper peace within himself and his world he lives in. In 2009, Nan Tien Temple asked Jason if he would like to perform in a Buddhist song contest in Taiwan. It was here Jason performed on stage in Taiwan and won an award in an International Buddhist song contest. Combining his love of music and love of meditation, Jason knew he was on the right path.
Recently, Jason completed his Usui Reiki First Degree Certificate and has completed a Diploma of Neuro-Psychological Immunity (H & H College Queensland, Australia)– a course where Jason says, “he really began to understand the power and connection between health of the mind and body.”
In this episode Jason opens up about his life before meditation, his drug use, promiscuity, panic attacks and more. We can all learn from Jason’s experience and use it to find more depth and meaning in our own. I had a lot of fun with Jason in this episode and I know you will too.
What We Talk About
- How meditation transformed Jason’s life
- Drugs, promiscuity and having an anxious mind
- Being in the present moment
- Busting the myths of meditation
Links From the Show
- Running Deep – Guided Mediation for Runners
- Jason Stephenson Mediation – Jason’s Facebook Page
- Relax Me Online – Jason’s Website
- Meditationmasters.tv – Jason’s Mediation Courses
- @askjasonnow – Twitter
- The Seat of the Soul – Book
- The Road Less Traveled – Book
- I Believe in Me – Guided Mediations for Children
Quotes by Jason Stephenson
Your Next Steps
- Head over to iTunes and give the show a review
- See if The Conscious Runner Membership Program might be right for you
Until next time, run strong, run long and be happy.