“Once you notice something, it is so much easier to get rid of it” ~Jackie Linehan
Hey Conscious Runners! Today, I’ve got another fantastic episode for you. I’ve got runner, meditator and creator of The Peaceful Runner, Jackie Linehan on the other side of the microphone with me. As soon as I heard about Jackie’s approach to running and staying injury free, I knew I had to interview her.
Jackie believes if we don’t know how to properly deal with and release our emotions during stressful events, they remain in our bodies until our body feels safe enough to release them. When we do allow negative thoughts and feelings to take over and we get down and depressed, the negativity creates stress and tension in the body—the perfect conditions for an injury to develop. Jackie believes we need to learn how to deal with these emotions in a positive way and allow them to easily move in and out of our bodies. In a nutshell, we need to keep our mind happy in order to keep our body happy so that we can keep running injury free!
What We Talk About
- How we react to pain can make a big difference in whether we develop an injury
- How believing you won’t get injured will keep you injury free
- Affirmations for runners
- Running for the pure joy of it
- Making running as easy as possible
- Nasal breathing
- Running barefoot
- Feledenkrais method
links From the Show
- The Peaceful Runner (Jackie’s Website)
- Running With the Whole Body (Book)
- Vibram Five Fingers
- New Balance Minimus
- The Tapping Solution
Quotes by Jackie Linehan
Your Next Steps
- Head over to iTunes and give the show a review
- See if The Conscious Runner Programs are right for you
Until next time, run strong, run long and be present.