“If you’re in dysfunction, you are hitting the floor dysfunctionally” ~ Jessica Leggio
“The more control you have the lighter you are on your feet” ~ Jessica Leggio
Hey Conscious Runners, I’ve got another fantastic episode for you! Today I’ve got Jessica Marie Rose Leggio on the line with me. As an athletic Functional Movement expert, Jessica helps runners with form, strength and conditioning and Injury Prevention. She is also the creator of the #RunPainFree Running Program. The #RunPainFree Running Program corrects dysfunctional movement patterns, to eliminate pain and get you running pain free.
It was amazing having a conversation with another woman who is so passionate about functional movement and helping runners run pain free. One of the things I really appreciate about Jessica is her bold commitment to truth and devotion to deeply serving others. Jessica works in Manhattan, New York and also does video consultations.
In this episode Jessica and I go deep into why your running shoes are causing your injuries & what to do about it.
If you are injured or want to break the cycle of injury, this episode is for you. So listen in as I drop you into the conversation between Jessica and I.
What We Talk about
- What functional movement means
- How your foot works when you run
- Why your shoes are causing you to get injured
- What you should look for when purchasing running shoes
- The benefits of allowing your shoes to move
- Shoes brands Jessica finds injure runners most
- Why Jessica loves the Nike Free (Nike Free 5, Nike Free Flynet, Nike Free Natural Run)
- Jessica’s take on orthotics
Quotes By Jessica
“Are you in pain because you’re injured or are you injured because you’re in pain” ~ Jessica Leggio
“When the body is corrected it wants to function efficiently” ~ Jessica Leggio
Links From the Show
- Run Pain Free (Jessica’s website)
- Functional Movement System
Your Next Steps
- Head over to iTunes and give the show a review
- See if The Conscious Runner Programs might be right for you
With care, Lisah