Hey Conscious Runners! So excited to bring another episode of The Conscious Runner podcast to you. Today, I’ve got Jens Jakob Anderson on the line with me. Jens is the founder of RunRepeat.com. RunRepeat.com helps you find your next pair of running shoes in an unbiased and transparent way. The amazing thing is every time I search for shoes on the internet, RunRepeat.com pops up top of the results. With over 1 million runners visiting the site per month, that’s no surprise. One of the best things about the site is the shoe reviews. 134,886 runners have reviewed 1,287 pairs of running shoes from dozens of brands.
All the reviews culminate in a run score. The Runscore is a 0-100 score that indicate how liked a running shoe is based on reviews and ratings from running shoe experts and users. Anyone can sign up to be an expert. The more shoes and expert reviews the more weight the review carries. It is really interesting how it is all calculated. We get into that more in the episode and there is even more on RunRepeat.com. As far as running, Jens is a fan of short distances and has a 5 km personal record of 15:58 minutes. He now runs to stay in shape, as his focus is primarily on growing run repeat.
It was such a pleasure chatting with Jens. He is truly passionate about helping runners find that perfect shoe, and he does it in such an honest, open and transparent way.
What We Talk About
- How to select the best shoes for you
- Different characteristics of shoes (stiffness, to heel drop, to category)
- Difference between trail and road shoes
- Difference between minimalist and maximalist shoes
- Process for transition from one pair of shoes to another
- Becoming an expert at RunRepeat.com
Links From the Show
- RunRepeat.com (website)
- RunRepeat.com (Facebook Page)
Your Next Steps
- Head over to iTunes and give the show a review
- See if The Conscious Runner Programs might be right for you
Until next time, run strong, run long and be present.