Today I chat with Jill Angie from Running With Curves. This is one of the most enjoyable interviews I’ve had the pleasure to be part of.
I met Jill online and was struck by her journey to fitness and running.
In her own words, here’s Jill’s story:
“Once upon a time, I was a dedicated couch potato, corporate desk jockey, and addicted to sugar & processed foods. My weight struggles started in my early teens and despite frequent diets and exercise regimens, I never managed to lose weight and keep it off. I kept telling myself that as soon as I lost the weight, I could do all the things I wanted to do…until one day I realized that I was 42 years old, was very overweight, and felt sick, tired and dejected most of the time. And I wasn’t getting any younger. It was time to take action.”
In this episode we chat about:
- Jill’s weight loss journey
- Emotional eating
- Getting your head right for success
- Dealing with being self conscious about running
- Dealing with pain in life and in running
- Pushing past physical limits
- The importance of getting a customized plan
- Being gentle with yourself
- Making conscious choices
- Your circumstances being a reflection of past choices
- Running With Curves
- Running With Curves (The Book)
If you enjoyed the show, be sure to subscribe here.