Hey Conscious Runners! I’m so excited to bring you this episode. Today, I’ve got our very own Michel Dion on the line with me! You may have seen him in The Conscious Runner Academy private Facebook Group. I met Michel last year when I was writing The Conscious Runner book. If you don’t have a copy, get one! His belief in me was instrumental in keeping me motivated. And it turned out, he is a runner too! Michel discovered the joy of running at age 42 and has since run distances up to the half marathon. Last year, I had the opportunity to coach Michel through an injury and to a personal best in the half marathon. This year he’d like to improve on that time.
Michel and I have wanted to record an episode together for awhile. He thought it would be a great idea to get the perspective of a newbie runner starting later in life and I agreed! This episode is a bit of a different kind of interview. Michel asks me questions on everything from shoes to nutrition, to training plans, to barefoot running. Nothing is off limits. This is a really powerful episode! It’s Coach’s Corner to another level!
I completely enjoyed my chat with Michel and know you will enjoy it too.
What we talk about
- How running makes you better for your kids and spouse
- The human experience of running
- Importance of recovery in training
- Strength training for injury prevention
- Eating for optimal performance
- Cross Training
- Barefoot Running
- How to begin a training plan
Links from the show
- Vibram Five Fingers
- The Conscious Runner Academy
- The Conscious Runner Book
[Tweet “”There is No Tough Day That Can’t Be Solved By a Good Run ~ Michel Dion”][Tweet “”Running being a nice way to empty the mind~ Michel Dion”]
Your Next Steps
- Give the show a review iTunes
- Join The Conscious Runner Academy for inspiration, motivation and good running conversation.
Until next time, run strong, run long and be happy.