Hey Conscious Runners! Today, I’ve got an amazing interview for you! It is with health and fitness nerd, Steve Kamb. Steve is the heart and soul behind the mega-fitness and wellness site, Nerd Fitness. Through workout quests, yoga videos, fitness tips, healthy meals and a camp that is out of this world, Nerd Fitness, gives people who are struggling to get heathy, a fighting chance. Steve started exercising back in high school without really knowing what he was doing. To add to it, he was intimidated by gyms, a complete newbie in the kitchen, and was overwhelmed by conflicting and confusing information. It wasn’t until he graduated college and learned the right way to train, that he started to see positive changes.
Steve figured if he needed six years of mistakes to find success, there had to be thousands of others who were struggling to see positive health and fitness changes as well and he wanted to help. Since he considered himself a nerd and he liked fitness…he combined the two and turned life into one giant wellness video game. In five years Steve took Nerd Fitness from a simple one-man blog into a passionate “Rebellion” of over 300,000 email subscribers and over 1.5 million monthly visitors. He has also had the pleasure to guest lecture at Google and Facebook, and deliver a TEDx talk on his approach fitness.
This is definitely an episode you DON’T want to miss! It is jam-packed with wisdom that will have you running a whole lot lighter.
What We Talk About
- What it means to be a nerd
- What it means to be fit
- Starting and growing the Nerd Fitness Movement
- Importance of diet and exercising in something you love
- How to lose weight and keep it off
- Becoming addicted to positive transformation
- Its not what you love but how you love it
Links From the Show
- Nerd Fitness (Website)- Learn how to work out properly, cook a decent meal, and consistently improve your health and well being.
- Level Up Your Life (Book)- If you have always dreamed of adventure and growth but can’t seem to leave your hobbit-hole, Steve’s book, Level Up Your Life, is for you. He will teach you exactly how to use your favorite video games, books, and movies as inspiration for adventure rather than an escape from the grind of everyday life.
- Camp Nerd Fitness (camp) – An epic, 5-day event for adults that combines adventure, fitness, education, and a picturesque mountain backdrop with hundreds of like-minded members of the Nerd Fitness community.
Quotes by Steve Kamb
[Tweet “”The best workout plan is the one that you follow.” ~Steve Kamb”]
[Tweet “”You don’t have to ask for anyone’s permission to change anything about yourself.” ~Steve Kamb”]
Your Next Steps
- Head over to iTunes and give the show a review
- See if The Conscious Runner Membership Program might be right for you
Until next time, run strong, run long and be happy.